Friday, August 24, 2007

The Blog Formerly Known As PaperMoney


It was brought to my attention earlier this week that by using the term “PaperMoney”, a duly reserved and registered service mark, I have been inadvertently infringing on the rights of its owner.

I can assure all my readers, as I have the owner, that I had no prior knowledge of the existence of an online eZine-style website baring the same name and that, had I known, I would have not chosen to use this term.

In order to remedy this situation and as a sign of respect and goodwill for the owner who registered this term long ago and has maintained continuous use ever since, I am today formally changing the name of this blog to PaperEconomy.

I am disappointed, to say the least, as the term PaperMoney was, to me, a perfect representation of my current sentiment and outlook for housing and the economy in general.

In fact, it literally occurred to me instantaneously when I decided to start my own blog on the housing bubble.

I felt it was just the right way of suggesting the ephemeral nature of unrealized wealth, a notion that seemed to suit the state of housing particularly well.

Maybe it was a bit snarky, but over the last 16 months I have grown to really see it has my own as I have with the blog itself.

Oh well… you can’t have everything.

To that end, the new name, PaperEconomy, is not too shabby either!

It’s reminiscent of the prior name and even seems to broaden the original message a bit…

As in:

“…at first I thought it was strong and resilient, then I realized it was a Paper Economy! (like Paper Tiger maybe?)”

Or even:

“…this whole dammed economy is propped up on paper!”

Well, that might be a bit over the top but you get the picture.

The key point here is that neither the blogger nor the blog has changed… just the title.

So keep reading, we have a long long way to go in the housing decline and the story is only just beginning to heat up!

One final note…

PLEASE UPDATE ALL YOUR WEB BROWSER LINKS TO
:

http://www.papereconomy.com

Here are the new links to each service:

BNN - The Bubble News Network
The BubbleTimes
The Inventory Tracker Tool
The S&P/Case-Shiller/Futures Tool
The OFHEO Home Price Index Tool

(No need to update RSS news feeds or email subscription as the content itself will be updated automatically)